DAS! Cagiva Forum
Neu von Gran Canaria - Druckversion

+- DAS! Cagiva Forum (http://cagivisti.de/forum)
+-- Forum: Gemeinschaft (http://cagivisti.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Plauderecke (http://cagivisti.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thema: Neu von Gran Canaria (/showthread.php?tid=14518)

Neu von Gran Canaria - El Vikingo Tropical - 10.07.2018

Raptor Grüße von den Kanarischen 
Mein Deutsch ist sehr schlecht, aber mein Raptor ist spektakulär

RE: Neu von Gran Canaria - ducwolobo - 10.07.2018

Saludos y bienvenidos desde Alemania,
Estuve la semana passada en Tenerife y me alquilo una BMW 800 GS. Carreteras increibles para ir en Moto(Teide, TF28...). Me imagino que en Gran Canaria es parecido.
Te deseo mucha suerte con tu Cagiva.
Saludos
Wolfgang

RE: Neu von Gran Canaria - El Vikingo Tropical - 10.07.2018

(10.07.2018, 17:56)ducwolobo schrieb: Saludos y bienvenidos desde Alemania,
Estuve la semana passada en Tenerife y me alquilo una BMW 800 GS. Carreteras increibles para ir en Moto(Teide, TF28...). Me imagino que en Gran Canaria es parecido.
Te deseo mucha suerte con tu Cagiva.
Saludos
Wolfgang

Buenas tardes ? 
Te lo voy a escribir en inglés para que haya más personas que entienda lo que digo
I can take it in Inglish to make things easier to the rest of the gang.
I’m Swedish but I have been living in Spain for 37years ....
And yes we have lovely montain roads at all the Canary Islands, so I do recommend renting a bike if you visit the islands

Best regards
Jan

Yes, Englisch will be better for most of the Forum to understand. My wife is Spanish, so I spend many time in Spain, mostly Costa Brava and Bilbao, where my wife is from.
I have an appartement in LLanca, Costa Brava from there I do many Motor bike trips to the Pyrenees. For me the best region to drive Motorbike in Europe, but I was supprised about Teneriffa and the nice roads for motorbiking.
As i saw on the Foto you built up new your bike. The front fork is of another bike with radial braking.
The seat is not finished yet I guess, but the bike is a great work.
My bikes are a Cagiva Navigator, Moto Guzzi LE Mans 4 classic racer and a Ducati 900 GTS from 1978.
Greetings
Wolfgang

The Raptor has:
GSXR Forks with Ohling springs
RSV 1000 Swing arm
R1 rear shocker 
Home made subframe
Lithium battery

Its still missing some small details to finish this bike

(10.07.2018, 18:30)ducwolobo schrieb: Yes, Englisch will be better for most of the Forum to understand. My wife is Spanish, so I spend many time in Spain, mostly Costa Brava and Bilbao, where my wife is from.
I have an appartement in LLanca, Costa Brava from there I do many Motor bike trips to the Pyrenees. For me the best region to drive Motorbike in Europe, but I was supprised about Teneriffa and the nice roads for motorbiking.
As i saw on the Foto you built up new your bike. The front fork is of another bike with radial braking.
The seat is not finished yet I guess, but the bike is a great work.
My bikes are a Cagiva Navigator, Moto Guzzi LE Mans 4 classic racer and a Ducati 900 GTS from 1978.
Greetings
Wolfgang

Wow, really great work, what is your profession?

(10.07.2018, 21:53)ducwolobo schrieb: Wow, really great work, what is your profession?
I have a company who repair and serve vessels and oil rigs at the islands and west Africa.
But I had during the years a composite workshop that made complete body works for Porsche rennwagen..

(10.07.2018, 23:09)P  El Vikingo Tropical schrieb:
(10.07.2018, 21:53)ducwolobo schrieb: Wow, really great work, what is your profession?
I have a company who repair and serve vessels and oil rigs at the islands and west Africa.
But I had during the years a composite workshop that made complete body works for Porsche rennwagen..

I was making this Ducati ST2 for this summer, but a cousin of my wife just went in love with it so I had to sell it to him.

But I still have my Raptor Big Grin

Oh, I see, you have pretty good conditions to make such experiments. On one foto I saw a old 914 VW Porsche. A friend of mine had one when we were young  Rolleyes.
Really rare car meanwhile.
As you know I live in Germany in Stuttgart. My work is in Sindelfingen near the Mercedes Factory. We have a big exhibition of oldtimer Cars herer.
https://www.motorworld.de/home/portfolio/
As my great passion is Windsurfing I travel sometimes to the Canary Island. When I will go to Gran Canaria I will contact you and I will rent a Motorbike and we can make a ride over the Island.
Greetings from Stuttgart
Wolfgang

RE: Neu von Gran Canaria - El Vikingo Tropical - 11.07.2018

I Buenos días and Hi Wolfgang 
Yes I have had two 914-6 on original restoration and one race car with 3.2L engine both are now gone, And many other car now I sold them all as I like much more playing with motorbikes.

RE: Neu von Gran Canaria - ducwolobo - 13.07.2018

Hey Viking, thanks for the fotos.
So keep us posted with the progress of your raptor. Thanks for sharing our Forum. Cagiva enthusiasts are running shorter and shorter because of the disappearing of that brand.
Regards
Wolfgang

RE: Neu von Gran Canaria - MiaLi - 13.07.2018

Hi Jan,

welcome to our forum.
Nice pictures..!
yellow raptor.. like a canary bird, was my first thought Smile

Greetz, Maria

RE: Neu von Gran Canaria - El Vikingo Tropical - 14.07.2018

(13.07.2018, 17:25)MiaLi schrieb: Hi Jan,

welcome to our forum.
Nice pictures..!
yellow raptor.. like a canary bird, was my first thought Smile

Greetz, Maria

Tank you very much!
My first yellow bike was Suzuki mini cross when I was a five years old, and since that it have been many in same color!

Saludos 
Jan

RE: Neu von Gran Canaria - El Vikingo Tropical - 19.07.2018

The bike not ready yet but I just test drive it......

1. It’s run ok but the engine runs a bit ruff around 4000rpm
2. Steering bars is to low
3. Top yokes nut need to be tightened 

But I had great fun and the front wheel point up to the sky easily  Cool Cool

I try to attach a video but I don’t know how

Hasta pront
Jan

RE: Neu von Gran Canaria - ducwolobo - 19.07.2018

Nice to hear that your bike is runningwell. Iam not so good with the Raptor Engine. But my Navigator is also around 4000 not so powerful.
From 2500 to 4000 good torque than less till 5000rpm. Over 5000 is an explosion Smile 
But I think the Raptor Motor should be already more powerful.
A ver si vemos el video con la rueda hacia  el cielo Big Grin 
Saludos
Wolfgang

RE: Neu von Gran Canaria - El Vikingo Tropical - 25.08.2018

The engine is now running great , the chassis not!
The front is running very nervous.
I dont know what’s the problem is but I’m gone test putting back the oem swingarm to see what’s happen , this way I eliminate that the rear end is out of line!
The Gixer front fork is shorter than the oem unit making the bike more nervous having a shorter wheelbases, I don’t k ow how much this influence in the driving ....

RE: Neu von Gran Canaria - ducwolobo - 26.08.2018

Hi, I think the problen is the shorter fork. With the shorter fork you are changing the angle af the steerind. You could also try to bring down the back by using a shorter shock absorber. That could equalize the shorter fork.