Hey DJ, where's the bass!

Moin zusammen,

ich brauch ein bisschen mehr Sound bei der Navi...

Kann man die originalen 'vernünftig' öffnen (und anschliessend vor allem wieder verschliessen? und dezent modifizieren?! - oder bringt es schon was, wenn man dieses gebogene Tüddelrohr aussen etwas kürzt?! (und wo ist da die Grenze??!!)

Will keinen Brülltüten aber etwas mehr Bass!

Sind das Reflektions- oder Absorptionsschalldämpfer?!

Gibt es Zubehör - Schalldämpfer die klingen, zugelassen und zahlbar sind? Was ist mit MIVV?

Danke für zweckdienliche Tipps!

Abgesehen davon, dass die Orginaltöpfe scheisse aussehen würde ich nicht dran rumfummeln, vor allem nicht an den Endstücken. Das erkennt jeder von der grünen Fraktion ohne Brille.
Es gibt GPR und andere Tüten mit Zulassung die auch ordentlich klingen. Ich hab ne Hattech Edelstahlanlage. Baut viel Schlanker wie die Orginalen. Musst allerdings das Heck etwas modifizieren. Der Klang ist deutlich besser als die Originalen aber noch so, dass einem die Ohren nicht "sausen" wenn man ein paar Stunden unterwegs war.

Angehängte Dateien Thumbnail(s)

Die preiswerte Variante dazu ist MSR. Sieht meines Erachtenssehr gut aus. Thumbsup
Klingt auch sehr gut, allerdings kenne ich die Hattech vom Klang her nicht.
Kostet mit ca. 400€ aber nicht mal die Hälfte der Hattech.

[attach=4765][/attach]

Angehängte Dateien Thumbnail(s)

GPS Fuore Nero ist eine nette Alternative. Die originalen Lafranconi sind Reflexionsdämpfer und leider etwas schwer.
Gruß
Bordolino

ducwolobo,'index.php?page=Thread&postID=126478#post126478 schrieb:. Ich hab ne Hattech Edelstahlanlage. Baut viel Schlanker wie die Orginalen. Musst allerdings das Heck etwas modifizieren. Der Klang ist deutlich besser als die Originalen aber noch so, dass einem die Ohren nicht "sausen"
Hattech

Sieht aus wie Peters´s Maschine.
Grüße Georgios

"Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, add what is uniquely your own."

"It's a shame that stupidity can't be converted into a usable energy source."

"I would rather be on my motorcycle thinking about God than in church thinking about my motorcycle."

Wie ist das eigentlich mit Zubehörtöpfen? Muß zwingend die Einspritzung angepasst werden?
Grüße Georgios

"Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, add what is uniquely your own."

"I would rather be on my motorcycle thinking about God than in church thinking about my motorcycle."

Das macht auf jeden Fall Sinn. Sonst leidet u.U. die Laufkultur u. auch Leistungsverlust ist möglich.
Wer vor der Kurve nicht bremst war auf der Geraden nicht schnell!

Sogar ein Motorschaden ist nicht auszuschließen. Ich finde die originalen ganz gut. Gefallen mir vom Aussehen (besonders das Endröhrchen) und vom Geräusch her mag ich es lieber leise.
Grüße Georgios

After much modification I have finished with a 2 into 1 system. I made the header pipes equal length in 50mm inside diameter tube, these then join an Aprilia Tuono 2 collector which then goes to a 63mm i.d outlet. I took apart the original Navigator right hand silencer and used this s the basis for a 63mm id end can.

[img]IMG_0264.JPG[/img]

[img]IMG_0003.JPG[/img]

Then, the single silencer is bigger than its predecessor? Any pictures?
Grüße Georgios

TLPower,'index.php?page=Thread&postID=126494#post126494 schrieb:After much modification I have finished with a 2 into 1 system. I made the header pipes equal length in 50mm inside diameter tube, these then join an Aprilia Tuono 2 collector which then goes to a 63mm i.d outlet. I took apart the original Navigator right hand silencer and used this s the basis for a 63mm id end can.

[img]IMG_0264.JPG[/img]

[img]IMG_0003.JPG[/img]
Hi TL Power,
it would be nice to get some pictures of that modofication. Whats about the power? Such a change with bigger outlet should bring more power int the upper regions but a loss of torque in the lower region. Did you made a modification to the engine control unit?
Where do you live? In Germany such a modification to the exhaust system will not pass the association for technical inspection. Crying

I just used the body of the original silencer. I removed the outer aluminum sleeve which left me with the center core, I cut off both ends and then removed the small center exhaust outlet. I then cut the inlet to a 65mm id inlet. I welded a length of 63mm perforated tube to the inlet, wrapped it in silencer mat, refitted the aluminum outer sleeve then the modified end cap. Both end caps are sealed then riveted in place. My original modified system used two silencers, I changed to the single silencer to save weight and increase mid range.

I have a Power Commander 2 fitted which has been custom mapped on a rolling road. I did try a TLS 1000 ECU but it ran way too rich. I've been working on a modified airbox with a K & N for several years but after reading it. I made a direct cold air to the filter which collects air from between the fork tubes. I have installed a timing retard eliminator.

I have also fitted a switchable resistor into the coolant sensor cicuit to fool the ECU into seeing operating temperature from cold.

I'm in the UK

@Georgios
Ist Peters Navi Thumbsup
Mir san kaane Hooligans - mir san Biene Maja Fans  [Bild: a025.gif]

Ist ja auch unverwechselbar. Frohe Weihnachten.
Grüße Georgios

Wheel conversion:

The Honda wheels looks really nice, you did a great job trying out all these possibilities. :daumen:
Did you know that Cagiva offered later versions of the bike
with those wheels, which are actually from Brembo, I think. But, I guess
they are a bit hard to find and probably not cheap.

I had a similar reason changing something with those wheels, because I didn´t
want tire-punctures on my trip, which are dificult and time consuming to
fix on the roadside. I addition, I felt it is dangerous to ride a bike
that fast with inner tubes.
So I sealed the spoke nipples with
special glue and I am completely happy with this solution after many
years. Of course, you still have an advantage of lighter wheels, which
is an important thing.

Exhaust:

Well, I prefer to
have one can on each side, just for the look, but you certainly had good
reason to do it this way. And again, saving some weight.

TLPower,'index.php?page=Thread&postID=126497#post126497 schrieb:I have also fitted a switchable resistor into the coolant sensor cicuit to fool the ECU into seeing operating temperature from cold.
Does this mean, you tell the ECU it is cold, when it´s actually warm, to enrich the mixture?
Grüße Georgios

The later Navigator did indeed have cast wheels but I believe they were the same sizes as the earlier spoked wheels. As you say they are very rare, even more in the UK where there are only 38 Navigators of any model registered.
The switchable resistor tells the ECU the engine is warm when it's cold making it run weaker / leaner, it removes the surging / poor running below 81 degrees. Above 81 degrees the ECU switches to the warm map.

TLPower,'index.php?page=Thread&postID=126775#post126775 schrieb:The switchable resistor tells the ECU the engine is warm when it's cold making it run weaker / leaner, it removes the surging / poor running below 81 degrees. Above 81 degrees the ECU switches to the warm map.
I see, some people here did the same thing. Reason was to reduce fuel consumption, because in spring and autumn it can take some time to exceed 80°C, not to mention in rainy weather conditions.

Speaking of poor running below 80°C, most of the time it´s a faulty clutch switch.
Grüße Georgios

Well done.

I wonder how much the rear shock is affected from the heat from the pipes and header. I always felt that my damping is becoming worse after riding for a while and I´m going to change that with proper protection. Not sure if there is enough space around the shock-body.
Grüße Georgios

I've just fitted a Wibers 641 on the rear Wilbers Springs in the front, the weather has been so poor. I went to the coast on New Year's Eve (340k round trip) the 'bike felt more' planted 'and far smoother.

I never had any overheating shock issues but I do share your concerns.

I also thought about a Wilbers, but decided to to service the Sachs-Boge, which is a good one, I think.
New oil and gas, which was down to 7 bar, and everything is fine.

In addition, I combined it with a Wilbers hydraulic rebound preload-adjuster (works with a 20mm shorter spring from Öhlins), because I like to be able to change the rebound preload when accompanied by my wife.

Reduced the oil volume in the front forks to 500ml´s and have now much better comfort on rough roads. But I´d like to improve it further more. I have a plan. Smile
Grüße Georgios

I have also reduced my oil to 500ml per leg after reading on here. It does make a significant difference.

I guess you had difficulties with the 130mm headroom Wilbers suggest. :giggelswe:

That´s not the only ugly thing this company has in stock.
Grüße Georgios

To be honest i never checked the air gap at all, I just measured 500ml per leg and it seems fine. Smile

I'm not sure what you mean by "ugly things in stock", if you're referring to the instructions, I didn't read them.

Perhaps I should...... Big Grin

My mistake. With "ugly things" I meant the above mentioned preload-adjuster. They promise 10mm travel, but it´s only 8,2mm. Not much, but it can make a difference.
I asked them if my unit may be faulty, but all they make are the same. I wonder why they keep advertising with that value. :weia:

And, of course, the thing with the oil level. That shouldn´t have happended.
Grüße Georgios

The rear shock came with a ride height adjuster at the base of the shock, unfortunately even after undoing the locknut it doesn't adjust. :wuetend:

Did you solve the problem?

These adjusters are for the ride height, but you may also want to adjust the preload of the spring. It is difficult, if not impossible, to reach the original adjuster on this bike. That really annoyed me.
Grüße Georgios

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen:
1 Gast/Gäste

User Panel

Welcome guest, not a member yet?

Why not sign up today and start posting on out community forums.

Register

Navigation

Latest Topics

Forum software by © MyBB Theme © iAndrew 2016