Cagiva W16 600

Hallo!<br /><br />
I'm a Swedish W16 rider with some questions for the German Cagiva-experts!<br />
I'm writing this in English, otherwise you would laugh your asses off at my grammar...<br />
I wonder if there is anyone here who knows who made the engine for the River/W16/Canyon.<br />
Surely it wasn't Cagiva..? Heard it might have been Rotax?<br /><br />
Ride safe!<br /><br />
David Pettersson<br />
Sweden

Hi David,<br />
it´s a Rotax engine indeed Smile

>Hi David,<br />
>it´s a Rotax engine indeed Smile<br /><br />
Hi Roman!<br /><br />
And thanks for the quick reply! My thought was to use parts (and tuning parts!)from Rotax engines for the W16 since it's so difficult to obtain parts from Cagiva in Sweden. Any ideas what Rotax engines that have interchangeable parts?<br /><br />
I used to have a site called Cagiva Mito Infosite, any old friends here?<br /><br />
/david

>Hi Roman!<br />
>And thanks for the quick reply! My thought was to use parts (and tuning parts!)from Rotax engines for the W16 since it's so difficult to obtain parts from Cagiva in Sweden. Any ideas what Rotax engines that have interchangeable parts?<br />
>I used to have a site called Cagiva Mito Infosite, any old friends here?<br />
>/david<br /><br />
i´m not sure, but i think the cagiva elefant engine is nearly the same, but i couldn´t answer you that question for sure :/<br />

>i´m not sure, but i think the cagiva elefant engine is nearly the same, but i couldn´t answer you <br />
that question for sure :/<br /><br />
Hi again!<br /><br />
Well, the Elefants use the Ducati L-twin so there's not much luck there. What I meant was that maybe there's some old KTM or other manufucturer with a similar engine. That way maybe you could buy spare parts from that manufacturer instead. Like the "Anlasserfreilauf" that I bought from KTM instead of from Cagiva. Any ideas?<br /><br />
/Dave<br />

You might try consulting the danish Cagiva importer, you can find mail adress and phone no. on http://www.fimotorcykler.dk<br />
best regards<br />
from denmark<br />
Jim<br />

Hi, Sorry don't know much German so I'll have to use English.<br />
Has anyone come across starting problems with the 600cc engine fitted to the River/W16?<br />
The starter motor is fine and there is no damage to any of the gear wheels but the starter will <br />
not engage properly to start, starter motor just keeps turning. I have heard of problems with <br />
the sprag wheel next to the starter. <br />
Any help with this or where to get parts cheaper than the main dealer would be appreciated.<br />
Regards, Scott..

<font color=blue><br />
Hello Scott -this is a "common "problem for the one-cylinder Cagiva's.<br />
Please check the CAGIVAonline.de-Wiki ( http://wiki23.parsimony.net/cgi-bin/wiki...ki53281;91) and if you need any further assistance -please let me/us know.<br />
Best regards<br />
peter<br />
</font color>

Hi Peter, Thanks for such a quick reply. I looked at the site you suggested. My Deutch is very limited, but I gather from the information that you can use the sprag clucth from a KTM LC4? and they have given the part number too. Could you please confirm that this is correct. Also, have you any experience of replacing the sprag clutch? I've had to replace the starter already, but haven't <br />
got as far as stripping the engine that far. I would be grateful for any information.<br />
Thanks again, Scott.<br />
P.S. e-mailing from Scotland-are you in Germany? If so which part?

>Hi Peter, Thanks for such a quick reply. I looked at the site you suggested. My Deutch is very limited, but I gather from the information that you can use the sprag clucth from a KTM LC4? and they have given the part number too. Could you please confirm that this is correct. <br />
<font color=blue> Hello Scott -that's correct!</font color><br />
Also, have you any experience of replacing the sprag clutch? I've had to replace the starter already, but haven't <br />
>got as far as stripping the engine that far. I would be grateful for any information.<br />
>Thanks again, Scott.<br />
<font color=blue> Sorry -but i've no experience regarding the change -but you can contact with Aipy -he did the changing by himself</font color><br />
>P.S. e-mailing from Scotland-are you in Germany? If so which part?<br />
<font color=blue> Coming from Brackenheim -it's nearby Stuttgart<br />
If you need any further help -please let me know!<br />
Greetings<br />
lubo<br />
</font color><br />

>>Hi Lubo-me again. Do you have an e-mail address or contact <br />
for Aipy?<br />
I could do with a bit of help replacing parts. Stripped engine <br />
but couldnt see anything obvious, all gears appear ok. <br />
Sump plug was covered with metal<br />
fragments, possibly from last starter motor as it broke all the <br />
teeth off.<br />
Part on order, will arrive Friday.<br />
I asked where you were in Germany as I lived in Moncengladbach for <br />
3 years when I was younger.<br />
Cheers, Scott

>>>Hi Lubo-me again. Do you have an e-mail address or contact <br />
>for Aipy?<br />
<font color =blue> The Adress: svenbelz@web.de<br /><br />
If you need anything -let me know<br /><br />
Greetings<br />
lubo<br />
</font color>

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen:
1 Gast/Gäste

Expand chat

User Panel

Welcome guest, not a member yet?

Why not sign up today and start posting on out community forums.

Register

Navigation

Latest Topics

Forum software by © MyBB Theme © iAndrew 2016